By Casey Margerum
Summer is here, and it’s time to get outside and get moving! In partnership with OrthoCarolina, WDAV is ready to be your workout buddy. Our new playlist is bursting with energetic, upbeat, playful pieces that are sure to get your blood flowing!
Jog through Italy with Mendelssohn and jump rope in the English countryside with Vaughan Williams. Race John Adams’ fast machine, row to the golden gates with Curiale, or dance to a summer thunderstorm with Johann Strauss, Jr. No matter your exercise style, you’ll find something on this playlist to energize your workout!
- Joseph Curiale: Gates of Gold (I. “Arrival: A View from the Sea”)
- John Adams: “Short Ride in a Fast Machine”
- Felix Mendelssohn: Symphony No. 4, “Italian” (I. “Allegro Vivace”)
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 9 (II. Larghetto)
- W.A. Mozart: Symphony No. 23
- Dimitri Kabalevsky: “Overture to Colas Breugnon”
- Antonin Dvorak: Five Bagatelles (No. 5, “Poco Allegro”)
- J.S. Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G Major (III. “Allegro”)
- Ralph Vaughan Williams: “English Folk Song Suite”
- Johann Strauss, Jr.: “Thunder and Lightning Polka”
Ready to run? Read OrhthoCarolina’s tips for training for your next race.