Thank you for making WDAV”s 2010 Fall Membership Campaign one of our very best ever. 1,336 contributions, 313 new members, supporting, saluting and sustaining classical public radio to the tune of more than $200,000. Check-out across the globe that gave to WDAV during this campaign. WDAV and wdav.org are here for you on-the-air and online twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Thank you for being there for us!
We had lots of help from friends old and new to get us to the finish line:
Those 90 phone room volunteers: friends, family members, neighbors, spouses, and even some former employees, coming early and staying late because of their devotion to WDAV. Folks from Charlotte Chamber Music, the Charlotte Symphony Orchestra, Lorimer Press, Union Youth Symphony, Circle de Luz. We couldn”t manage without them. WDAV Board Members & Board Emeriti Ruth Ault, Ken Brown, Peter Browne, Mike Daisley, Cheryl DeMaio, Lawrence Kimbrough, Bruce Krum, John Lingle, Sally McMillen, Gwen Peterson, Haywood Rankin. And Davidson College Staff and comrades: Natalie Akin, Michael Barth, Carrie Heyl and James Hogan.
Special thanks to our Guest “Pitchers” who joined us on the air to celebrate WDAV, issue challenges, inspire our listeners and crack-up our staff:
- Pipedreams host Michael Barone
- Sardis Presybterian Church Music Minister Ken & Sharon DeBoer
- Bechtler Museum of Modern Art President & CEO John Boyer
- NC. Secretary of Cultural Resources Linda Carlisle
- WDAV Board Vice-Chair Wilton Connor
- Former (and incoming Interim) Davidson College President John Kuykendall
- Former N.C. Governor (and Charlotte SO Board Chair) Jim Martin
- Charlotte Symphony President Jonathan Martin
- Western Piedmont Symphony Music Director John Gordon Ross
- Davidson College President Tom Ross
- Charlotte Symphony Music Director Christopher Warren-Green
Thank you to the area restaurants that fed, fueled and sustained us through the long hours. Make sure to say “thank you for supporting WDAV” next time you visit La Patisserie, the Quixote Café, Davidson Farmers Market, Bagel Bin, Toast, Acropolis, La Campania, North Harbor Club, Ming”s, Bonsai Grille, Prosciutto”s Pizza, Restaurant X, Donatos, the Brickhouse Tavern, El Paraiso, Brixx Pizza, Sabi, Fuel Pizza, and Bucci.
And finally, we thank the WDAV staff families who have their lives disrupted in innumerable ways for nine days – and say nary a discouraging word. To all of you, we write our thanks and say our thanks!